POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Making Dynamic Poser clothes : Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes Server Time
4 May 2024 14:51:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 12 Apr 2004 09:43:38
Message: <407a9d0a@news.povray.org>

news:407a943a$1@news.povray.org...
> From hamapatch, I had to export as a DXF file, which loaded into Poser ok
> (the OBJ would not), although sometimes I have to flip normals, and
> sometimes I don't.  I don't know what causes that.  Other times, I end up
> with missing poly's in the clothes.  Other times, I go to do the cloth
> simulation, and I get stuck in an apparently infinite loop while it is
> "Creating dynamics".  Unfortunately, exporting and importing non-native
> formats from different programs probably isn't an ideal situation.

For what it's worth, I find that UVMapper Pro does an excellent job when I
have to fix problems on obj files.  It can remove or correct erroneous
polygons,  let you play with the normals etc. I know it's a commercial
product, but it's really handy (even though I now use professional modeling
tools).
Also, the latest Poser 5 patch (SR 4.1) seems to fix some remaining issues
with the dynamic clothes.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com